Quality is at the core of our culture.
We demand our plants always be audit ready, prepared even if you decide to audit us unannounced. We proudly ace plant audits by the most stringent food auditors from some of the industry’s best food companies.
Our facilities are among the first group of U.S. manufacturing plants to achieve AA-ratings for the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 as benchmarked under the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative). The July 2015 update allows for this higher level of excellence at sites with 5 or fewer minor non-conformances.
We consistently exceed FDA guidelines with our own quality control in food production standards and have received food-handling certifications for Kosher, Organic, Gluten-Free, and Halal products. With our specialty food manufacturing services, we also have the ability to process non-GMO / GMO-free products.
Components of our Approach
Our quality control in food production processes hinge on being proactive with a comprehensive set of policies and procedures.
- Fully functioning HACCP plans that include screens, magnets, and metal detection
- Protocols for action when contaminants are found, including metrics and remediation
- A diligent monitoring infrastructure to ensure allergen control and prevent micro contamination
- Dust collection at multiple points in every production line, especially source points
- Master processing room sanitation schedules as well as cleaning procedures designed specifically for each piece of equipment
- Preventative maintenance schedules and procedures designed specifically for each piece of equipment
- Product recall and recovery procedures
- Self-improvement programs for employees
- Rigorous visitor and subcontractor security protocols
- Sieve Testing – particle size distribution
- Viscosity – thickness of a product upon emulsification
- Bulk Density – measurement of compactness
- Salt Titration – uniformity of blends
- pH – acidity or alkalinity of products
- Moisture – moisture level of products
- Color – color of products
- Micro Testing – pathogenic, nonpathogenic and spoilage microorganism levels
- Other Testing – wide variety of physical or chemical characteristics
Precision Means Quality
Based on your guidance, we create a processing profile for every project. We document our follow-through with every processing run, change-over, and routine maintenance task. You will be kept informed about your runs throughout the production process as well as given ongoing updates on key details such as product loss, finished product quantities, delivery schedules, packaging inventories, and anything else you hope to see.
Pharma Industry Capable Too
PacMoore not only manufactures the highest quality products for the food industry, we are also trusted to process excipients for the pharmaceutical industry, which requires a heightened degree of care, precision, and protection during production.
Whether it’s ensuring food safety through contamination prevention or providing consistently smooth, homogeneous blends, quality assurance drives everything we do.