From TVP to protein cereal crisps to snacks to crisp grains to crunchy cookie bits, our twin screw food extrusion systems are designed to accommodate a broad range of products.
Food extrusion is one of the oldest and most reliable forms of food processing, dating back well over a century and expanding to cover more and more food sectors. As technology improves, so does food extrusion. The food extrusion process involves forcing mixed ingredients through a perforated plate or die in order to cut the end product into a specific size and shape. A food extruder typically is used for such products as breads, confectionary, cookies, cereals and even pet foods. At PacMoore, we currently emphasize two product types. The first is value-added inclusions for use by our customers in further processing. These include direct expanded cereal-based inclusions, high density pellets, and texturized vegetable proteins among others. The second is finished snack items which we are able to coat with flavors and package, allowing our customers to take them directly to their consumers.
Extrusion technology has come a long way, and so has PacMoore. We use only state-of-the-art food extrusion equipment to offer you efficient and reliable services.
On June 22, 2015 the PacMoore Innovation Lab in Gridley, IL was opened and dedicated to the glory of God with a Proverbs 16:3 plaque that is placed on all new PacMoore buildings. This site was designed with our customers in mind – to offer product development support by utilizing our Wenger TX-57 twin screw pilot extruder and PacMoore’s own Jon Baner – our Senior Technical Manager, a Certified Food Scientist, and a guru in the field of extrusion.
PacMoore’s full scale Coperion 120 twin screw extruder was proudly commissioned at our Mooresville facility at the end of 2016. The Gridley extrusion pilot facility provides a valuable entry point for customers to develop and validate products before they move to the next step of full scale production. At PacMoore you will find a team of professionals who are dedicated to building long term relationships based on trust and understanding. From an equipment standpoint, the food extrusion setup includes:
- Full scale Coperion 120 mm twin screw extruder
- Conveyor dryer
- Classification equipment
- Metal detection and magnets
- 2,000 to 3,000 pounds per hour capacity
- Pilot Wenger 57 mm twin screw extruder
- Classification equipment
- Fluid bed dryer/cooler
- 100 to 250 pounds per hour capacity
Our versatile equipment allows for a wide variety of shapes, textures, coatings, and colors in addition to the potential for nutritional products rich in protein, fiber, vitamins, or minerals.
- Here are just a few examples of the varieties of raw materials, product types, and applications we can provide:
- Cereals (wheat, rice, corn, oats, barley, etc.)
- Ancient grains (quinoa, amaranth, teff, millet, etc.)
- Legumes (peas, beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.)
- Whole grains and mixtures of grains
- Tubers and roots
- Protein-fortified cereal crisps
- Textured vegetable proteins
- Puffs, curls, sticks, etc.
- Crisp grains
- Cookie bits
- Nutritional bar inclusions
- Plant-based meat substitutes
- Adult snacks & Toddler snacks
- Cereals and granolas
- Ice cream and confectionery inclusions
To learn more about PacMoore’s food extrusion capabilities and services, contact us today.