Quality is at the core of our culture which is why we demand our plants always be audit ready, prepared even if you decide to audit us unannounced. Not to brag, but we continually ace plant audits by the most stringent food auditors from some of the industry’s best food companies.
Both of our facilities are among the first group of U.S. manufacturing plants to achieve AA-ratings for the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 as benchmarked under the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative). The July 2015 update allows for this higher level of excellence at sites with 5 or fewer minor non-conformances.
We consistently exceed FDA guidelines with our own quality standards and have received food-handling certifications for Kosher, Organic, Gluten-Free, and Halal products. We also have the ability to process non-GMO / GMO-free products.
BRC Approved Training Provider
One area of industry leadership that sets PacMoore apart is that we are the only U.S. manufacturer that is a BRC Approved Training Provider. Evan Rosen,Vice President of Food Safety and Quality Assurance, leads our efforts as a certified BRC Approved Training Partner. He is also a registered SQF trainer. He is authorized to train on a variety of BRC topics including the BRC Food Issue 6-7 Conversion Course for Manufacturers which he recently led for our staff and several external partners.
Components of our Approach
Our quality assurance processes hinge on being proactive with a comprehensive set of policies and procedures.
- Dust collection at multiple points in every production line, especially source points
- Fully functioning HACCP plans that include screens, magnets, and metal detection
- Protocols for action when contaminants are found, including metrics and remediation
- A diligent monitoring infrastructure to ensure allergen control and prevent micro contamination
- Master processing room sanitation schedules as well as cleaning procedures designed specifically for each piece of equipment
- Preventative maintenance schedules and procedures designed specifically for each piece of equipment
- Product recall and recovery procedures
- Self-improvement programs for employees
- Rigorous visitor and subcontractor security protocols
- Sieve Testing – particle size distribution
- Viscosity – thickness of a product upon emulsification
- Bulk Density – measurement of compactness
- Salt Titration – uniformity of blends
- pH – acidity or alkalinity of products
- Moisture – moisture level of products
- Color – color of products
- Micro Testing – pathogenic, nonpathogenic and spoilage microorganism levels
- Other Testing – wide variety of physical or chemical characteristics
Precision Means Quality
Based on your guidance, we create a processing profile for every project, and we follow written directives to the letter. We document our follow-through with every processing run, change-over, and routine maintenance task. We keep you informed about your runs throughout the production process as well as provide ongoing updates on key details such as product loss, finished product quantities, delivery schedules, packaging inventories, and anything else you want to see.
Training Builds Excellence
Our employees are at the frontlines of our quality controls, which is why we invest heavily in training and personal development for our team. Thanks to our unique combination of onboarding instruction, shift change meetings, and professionally developed training on the floor and at workstations, our employees communicate better and are able to work to a higher standard of excellence in quality, safety, and efficiency.
Pharma Industry Capable Too
PacMoore not only manufactures the highest quality products for the food industry, we are also trusted to process excipients for the pharmaceutical industry, which necessarily requires a heightened degree of care, precision, and protection during production. Whether you need solutions for masking poor taste or medication release, our expert staff knows how to deliver.
Whether it’s ensuring food safety through contamination prevention or providing consistently smooth, homogeneous blends, quality assurance drives everything we do. Come by any time to see for yourself. We’re always ready for an audit, and we would be delighted to show you around.